Main toolbar (Align Camera), on Align
Tools menu Align Camera
Align Camera, available
lets you align a camera to a selected face normal.
Align Camera works similarly
Highlight, except that it operates on
face normals instead of the angle of incidence, and occurs when
you release the mouse button instead of dynamically acting during
the mouse drag. Its purpose is to let you align a Camera viewport
to a specified face normal.
Other alignment tools
on the Align flyout are
To use Align Camera:
- Select the camera used for the viewport
you want to align.
- Do one of the following:
- On the main toolbar, click (Align Camera), which is
on the Align flyout.
- On the Tools menu, choose Align Align Camera.
- In any viewport, drag the mouse over
an object surface to choose a face.
The chosen face normal
appears as a blue arrow beneath the cursor.
- Release the mouse to perform the alignment.
3ds Max moves the
camera so it faces and centers the selected normal in the camera